By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://www.worldartists.org/
World Artists Experiences
in Partnership with
THE EMBASSY of the ARAB REPUBLIC of EGYPT
Educational and Cultural Bureau
Presents a series of LIVE LECTURES featuring the CULTURE OF EGYPT
The first live lecture,
"JOURNEY THROUGH ANCIENT EGYPT"
followed by questions and answers
On ZOOM (see the link below)
Journey through Ancient Egypt
Dr. Mamdouh Eldamaty
Egypt is the cradle of human civilization. On its land, migrations of people, traditions, philosophies and religious beliefs succededeach other for thousands of years. Evidence of this succession is still visible in the accumulation of monuments and sites attesting to a uniquely comprehensive cultural heritage. Indeed, one of the phenomena which shaped Egypt's distinctive identity, and explains its pervasive influence on the then known world, was a dynamism that accommodated and re-formulated these successive cultures into one homogeneous and harmonious Egyptian canvas. Egypt is one civilization woven of many strands, threaded by successive and intertwining eras: the Pharaonic, the Graeco-Roman, the Coptic Christian, and the Islamic eras.
During the stages of this long history and the effects of different forms of civilization remained the Egyptian character in a distinctive cultural heritage. We can find the roots and origins of the majority of the phenomena of Science, Arts, Sports, or even traditional behaviors in the Egyptian community influenced by ancient Egyptian civilization, which can be traced in our lives nowadays. Not only this but also it contributed to the Egyptian civilization in influencing a lot of other people and nations through aspects of civilization in various fields such as science and arts...etc.
Mohamed Hamza is inviting you to a scheduled ZOOM meeting.
Topic: Journey through Ancient Egypt
Time: May 28, 2020 05:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 898 2338 6427
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,89823386427#,,1#,024367# US (Germantown)
+19292056099,,89823386427#,,1#,024367# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 898 2338 6427
Here is a helpful web page on using ZOOM.https://parade.com/1010792/stephanieosmanski/how-to-use-zoom/
Mamdouh Mohamed ELDAMATY
- Professor of Egyptology in the Dept. of Archaeology, Faculty of Arts, Ain Shams University,
- Chairman of the Archaeology Sector Committee of the Supreme Council of Universities,
- Head of the excavation mission at El-Matarya (Ancient Heliopolis) - Cairo,
and Former Minister of Antiquities
Awards and Honors:
- Legion of Honor "Cavalier" from the Italian Government (Oct. 10. 2004).
- State Award for Excellence in Social Sciences (Jun. 21. 2010)
- Gold Medal of Charles University in Prague (Jun. 22. 2015)
- Award of Appreciation in Social Sciences of Ain Shams University (May 28. 2018)
Study and Degrees:
- Bachelor of Egyptology, from the Faculty of Archaeology, Cairo University, in May 1983.
- M.A. in Egyptology, from the Faculty of Archaeology, Cairo University, in April 1989.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Egyptology), from Trier University, Germany, in
Academic Positions held:
- Professor of Egyptology in the Dept. of Archaeology, faculty of Arts, Ain Shams University (Aug. 21. 2006 to date).
- Chairman of the Department of Archaeology in the Faculty of Arts, Ain Shams University (Sep. 12. 2006 - Sep. 12. 2009).
- Director of Centre for Research, Counseling and Training, Faculty of Arts, Ain Shams University (Oct. 15. 2008 - Oct. 13. 2009).
- Director of Open Learning Center, Ain Shams University (Mar. 22. 2009 - Nov. 15. 2009).
- Dean of the faculty of Arts, Ain Shams University (Sep. 13. 2009 - May 14. 2011)
Non-academic Positions held:
- Minister of Antiquities of Egypt (Jun. 17. 2014 - Mar. 23. 2016).
- Cultural Counsellor and Director of the Office of Educational Mission in the Egyptian Embassy in Germany, and supervisor of the Educational mission in the Netherlands, Poland, Denmark, Finland, Sweden and Norway (May. 15. 2011 - Jun. 16. 2014).
- Director General of the Egyptian Museum in Cairo and Supervisor of the abroad exhibitions in SCA. (Feb. 01. 2001 - Jan. 31. 2004).
Ten books and 28 scientific research papers in international and local scientific journals